Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ironic New Job

After months of job hunting, sending out "cold resumes", shiesty businesses, and a poor summer (strictly monetary), I did some networking and got 3 job opportunities lined up. After some promising interviews I took a job with JobTarget in New London. What is ironic is that they are a software company that develop job boards (job search engines) for businesses and organizations. My official title is Technical Services Coordinator, I am a liaison between the Dev team and the partner services team, as well as the resident QA guy. Presently the developers are prepping me to be the contact person for all Search Engine Optimization (SEO) questions.

JobTarget overall:
-small (under 60 employees)
-very casual atmosphere (t-shirt, jeans, and flip flops)
-great benefits (dental and vision? yup!)
-everyone is on a first name basis (very friendly, young, and approachable CEO)
-reminds me of my favorite job, Salesnet (when I worked in Boston doing QA)
-pays for my parking ($55/month to park in the attached garage, they give me a $60/month parking stipend)
-good salary
-lots of growth opportunities

So all in all, I am enjoying my new job, and hope to make a career out of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelo,
The Salesnet product (which was purchased by RightNow) is making a comeback.

Glad to hear you liked working there. We worked with the team there for about 6 years

Mark

bless_cyborgs said...

Congrats, brody. You really are the golden child. Play the lotto already.